Wednesday, December 30, 2009

NOT GETTING AROUND TO PUTTING CHRISTMAS AWAY

(i carry Christmas with me)

i carry Christmas with me
(i carry it in my heart)
i am never without Christmas
(anywhere i am Christmas lives;
and whatever is done by me
is because of Christmas)
i fear no reprisal
(for it is my choice)
i want no ridicule(for the beauty
of Christmas has become my world)
and it is whatever
a child's smile has always meant
and whatever melodic carol is sung
Christmas will be within me.

here is my deepest secret nobody knows
(the birth of love is the cause of my joy
and the bounce in my step
and the feeling of heart
for a time called Christmas;
which grows deeper than the soul can grasp
or mind can conceive)and it is this wonder
that's keeping the spirit alive within me.

i carry Christmas(i carry it in my heart)

i am santa


***based on "i carry your heart ~e.e. cummings"

No comments:

Post a Comment