Wednesday, June 1, 2011

ANNOUNCING MY FIRST POETRY COLLECTION

After three years of intensive poem composing, I've finally found my nerve to compile my first collection of poems into the limited edition chapbook entitled, WOOD. The inspiration for WOOD was two-fold. Of the poems included, the majority is about my Father who was a very skilled carpenter. It is fitting that Dad worked his mastery of woods while I have developed a mastery of words. Along, with that connection, we lived at 76 Wood Street.

I had gotten a bit ambitious in offering 31 poems in this collection, but strung together, they actually tell the story of my relationship with my Father and that place near the Erie Tracks where we lived and grew up.

I will initially be releasing a limited run (76 copies) of the First Edition of WOOD. I plan on also issuing an audio CD of a reading of the book. The price of either will be $10. However, the combo will be made available together for a special $15 price. Further information will be posted soon. Anyone interested can submit their queries to Walt at  wojisme@roadrunner.com  with the subject line "Interest in Your Chapbook"

7 comments:

  1. I'd like the first copy, autographed, please. I'll e-mail you. SO VERY PROUD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! WOOD you reserve a book/CD copy for me? TKS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!!! Autographed combo for me, please. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you, and I am sure good for your readers. Congrats Walt!
    ( mhmm, this comment not posting...apologies if it should print thrice in various incarnations....if so 3 x the congratulations! )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super proud of you, Walt!!! I second Marie and our fellow poets requests for an autographed copy! I'll send an email. This is going to be a treasure. Thank you so much for your love for this craft! Blessings and smiles~ Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Count me in & keep me posted. I'd like a copy -- autographed too! Congrats! PSC :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me, too! I'd like an autographed copy. So excited!

    ReplyDelete