Monday, June 8, 2009

MISS COMMUNICATION

"Can I get a new phone my old one is lame,
it still makes calls but it isn't the same."
"It's like, so last year, I NEED something new,
I wouldn't be caught dead with this thing, would you?"
"Lay off of my music, I like it that loud,
and dressing this way, I stand out in a crowd!"
"How can you say that I show no respect,
and my room is just "lived in", that isn't neglect."
"Can I have a few dollars to go to the Mall?"
"If I had a better phone, I'd remember to call!"
"You're just so old-fashioned, Mom would say yes,
she must love me more, that'd be my guess"
So finally I speak, "Just when did 'We'll see"
turn into a promise between you and me?"
"I'm trying my hardest to keep things on track,
so give me a break and cut me some slack."
"And why must you always turn things around,
I'm just making sure that your feet keep their ground."
"You're just so unfair, my mother was right!"
"Can you give me a ride? I Love you Daddy. Good Night"


**Based on an actual conversation with Andrea my 16 year old daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment