Tuesday, June 2, 2009

A SELF PORTRAIT

I. THE FAÇADE

Calming serenity.
Congenial, affable,
peacefully coexisting.
Short of stature, but,
full of gargantuan dreams.
Mid-aged middle,
slightly round posterior,
roundly slight physique.
Rather myopic; presbyopic,
hair line in gradual retreat,
but never in full surrender.
Nicked, chipped, rough
and calloused hands.
Laid back and cool under
pressure and fire.
Observant and loyal;
were I a bird, your falcon;
were I a dog, your beagle.
Flat feet, reconstructed knees,
bum shoulder on my left,
always a right-hand man.
Never let ‘em see your sweat,
Walt.

II. BENEATH THE SURFACE

Fanatically frantic.
Undeniably, laughable,
quietly resistant.
Short of temper, but,
full of fire.
Simmering kettle.
Passionate, compassionate,
always thinking.
Cranium churning, never
burning out on words,
expressive, descriptive.
Nicked, chipped, rough
and calloused heart.
Writing from my soul,
my pain, my want and my need.
Comically unforgettable;
sometimes quite regrettable;
always “romantical”.
Productive, prolific.
fertile, fruitful,
deceptively youthful,
always a write-hand man.
Ever searching for the real
Walt.

No comments:

Post a Comment